Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick Update, Mouse & Trowel and Heliconia Sale!

I've been under the weather with a stomach flu, chauffeuring children, preparing for summer and camp, family events, full time work, etc....all the busy seasonal activities that take me away from chatting with my blogging friends, and even away from my precious garden!  Unfortunately, this stomach bug is really trying to get the best of me for the past few days.  I'm wilting!


Regarding my on-line activity, I'll be cutting back even more so I can do what needs to be done and still enjoy the limited time I have for blogging, sharing, and chatting.  As many of my blogging friends have already indicated, this is sometimes a difficult fact to face, but seasoned blogging buds express sympathy, patience, understanding and wisdom as they've faced this fork previously.  XOXO!

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners of the Mouse & Trowel Awards!  A special thanks to everyone who nominated and voted for me! I was honored to be among so many fantastic blogs and bloggers!  This has been a joyful and fun time for me!!  To check out a list of all the winners, click  here .



Before laying my head back down on the pillow (oh boy...I'm digging for sympathy, aren't I?!  Where's my mother when I need her so no one else has to hear me whine?!), I'd like to inform Florida gardeners of an upcoming event at the Port Saint Lucie Botanical Gardens...a rare heliconia and ginger sale taking place on Saturday, May 22, 9am-2pm.   I know my friend Steve at The Rainforest Garden, collects heliconia.  Steve, please let me know if you're looking for a specific variety at a specific price.  To learn more click here .


Happy Gardening Everyone!

15 comments:

Ami said...

Kimberly: Congratulations to the reward! Sorry to hear you are sick, take care and getting better!

Steve Asbell said...

OMG! So nice of you to think of me... I think that heliconia schiedeana is the only one I can grow up here but they're kind of big (hard to transport) If you find any neat ginger rhizomes at a reasonable price I'll send you a check! Only if its convenient though, since I know how busy things can be.
Its hard for me to make time for blogging too, but I can justify it when its an excuse to design something... I think its finally nearing completion!
BTW, I'ma pull a Kanye West and "let Mr. Subjunctive finish, but Kimberly should have won this!" Copacabana was the cutest thing I've seen in the blogosphere to date. I like the wilted peace lily in this post too... darn things are so finicky with the water!

tina said...

Congrats on your nomination for blog post of the year! A high honor indeed! Get well soon!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Kimberly girl ! congratulations : )
My goodness being able to handle all that you do and with a stomach bug .. you are a champion girl ! : ) .. and whine all you want ! it is a form of therapy .. makes you feel a wee bit better right ? and how true is this seasonal thing .. here in the Great White North we gardeners are driving ourselves into the ground because we have such a limited window of opportunity to do that ? and go nuts over it all too ;-)
Everyone has to have time off some time !
Take care .. take your vitamins : )
Joy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congrats Kimberly ~ That is some honor. Hope you are soon feeling much better.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Diana Studer said...

Need a Slow Blog Button?

Maia T said...

You are so sweet Kimberly.
I love your self portrait in the first picture.
Congratulations to the award.
Take care and get well soon!

Q said...

I have enjoyed catching up with you. Hope you feel better soon. Spring is so busy and being sick is no fun. I do understand the need to catch up on all the gardening chores. Once the heat and humidity of summer comes I am inside cooling down and back to visiting blogs!
Thanks for a fun Florida garden tour!
Sherry

Floridagirl said...

Kimberly, hope you get over that bug quickly. Congratulations on your nomination. (I think your "Lola" post should've won the finals. It was too cute!)

Kimberly said...

Thank you, everyone, for the congrats on the nomination...it really was an honor! Starting to feel a bit better...slowly but surely! Flu bug has hit my workplace, and now the homefront..hope I wasn't the carrier! :(
EE, what's a slow blog button? Is my blog slow?

Kyna said...

At first glance, I read 'chauferring chicken' LOL. I had a vision of you in my head, driving around in an SUV full of chickens...I know, I'm a weirdo.

I'm sorry you've been feeling bad. Stomach flus are the WORST on the planet. I'd rather be punched in the face a few times than throw up.
Don't worry about not being able to blog as much, or comment as much. Same thing's happened to me, and I've stopped feeling guilty about it :)

Ellada said...

Hello, and congratulation.
And take care of your self.

Noel Morata said...

aloha kimberly,

i know where your coming from and getting stretched thin...i'm in the same boat and alot of distractions here too...at least your now indoors so you can relax and view others gardens..come and vote for a cause on my last post :)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Kimberly I did not get to comment here a few days ago as I clicked on your awards link to see the winners and you know how it is - you get transported to somewhere in blogland and you forget how you got there in the first place lol

I hope that bug is nearly out of your system and that you can enjoy your weekend a little better than the rest of the week.

I've so much going on in the garden I would love to share with everyone too only with me being a working mum aswell I just don't get the time to fit it all in so I understand how you feel about the time commitment just now.

:) Rosie

Meems said...

Hey Kimberly,
I sure hope you are feeling better. It takes good health to keep up with all you're doing! Congrats on the nomination ~ what a nice honor. I have to work tomorrow or that would be a fun trip to Port St. Lucie. :-( I've got some newly purchased gingers starting to surface from their rhizomes... very exciting.

Drink lots of liquids... to stop the wilting!Meems