Love all the blooms... a great weekend to you, too. I'm still trying to get all my dead stuff cut back... maybe I'll be finished by tomorrow. :-) Meems
Lovely blooms! Your gazania has very brilliant textures and color! What is the bloom of the second last one? Can't recognize it... Have a great weekend to you too!
I'm so jealous! I have no blooms except for my amaryllis, because the cold killed everything. I'm so lonely for my flowers. I did plant some veggies today, and will do some more tomorrow.
Gorgeous flowers and excellent photos. I like the beautiful pattern of your gazanias and those little pink flowers are so lovely. Welcome to Macro Flowers Saturday! You have a very beautiful blog. Have a nice weekend!
Kimberly girl I was almost blinded by those fantastic colours !! I can't even imagine having such exotic gorgeous plants in my garden .. you really have a piece of Eden there girl : ) keep up the good work for us poor Canadians to visit and get a bit of a tan to go with it ? LOL Joy
I really like the colours in the bouganvillea and your little pink flowers look like Euporbia Crown of Thorns - which we can only grow here as a houseplant.
Beautiful Macro shots of radiant flowers. I also liked your post about Lola a true blue Aussi! We had a yellow crested Cockatoo called Kaneki. I have written about him "under a hotter sun" label "Kaneki". They are fantastic birds. I am glad you have so much fun with yours and he is treated well, not stuck in his cage all the time.
Lovely colors! Do you use any bug sprays to protect them? I found this Safer Brand EndAll spray online and would like to know what you use. This stuff kills a whole bunch of insects. And it can kill them no matter what stage of development they’re in.
Ronald, I try my very best NOT to use pesticides as I'm killing the good with the bad, although I will admit that I've caved on a few occasions when I've had a huge infestation and it seemed life or death. However, most of the time I try active prevention which starts with healthy plants. The healthier and less stressed a plant is, the better able it is to ward off pests itself. I also encourage "good" bugs...the wasps, ladybugs, ants, etc. that chow on the bad ones. Finally, I hand pick critters or spray with a hose on a regular basis to keep critters away. Hope this helps.
27 comments:
What a vibrant display of color! Lovely!
What beautiful colors.
Beautiful blooms, and beautiful photography! Have a nice weekend!
Hey Kimberly,
Those gazanias are so cheery.
Love all the blooms... a great weekend to you, too. I'm still trying to get all my dead stuff cut back... maybe I'll be finished by tomorrow. :-)
Meems
Lovely blooms! Your gazania has very brilliant textures and color! What is the bloom of the second last one? Can't recognize it... Have a great weekend to you too!
Shall look forward to Macro Saturday from now on! That Gazania just pops! Great colours.
I'm so jealous! I have no blooms except for my amaryllis, because the cold killed everything. I'm so lonely for my flowers. I did plant some veggies today, and will do some more tomorrow.
Gorgeous shots ... love the gazania and bougainvillea shots.
wow, what unique blooms and great photos too!
Gorgeous flowers and excellent photos. I like the beautiful pattern of your gazanias and those little pink flowers are so lovely.
Welcome to Macro Flowers Saturday! You have a very beautiful blog.
Have a nice weekend!
Kimberly girl I was almost blinded by those fantastic colours !!
I can't even imagine having such exotic gorgeous plants in my garden .. you really have a piece of Eden there girl : ) keep up the good work for us poor Canadians to visit and get a bit of a tan to go with it ? LOL
Joy
I love the colours - so bright and cheerful. Paradise indeed!
Lovely colors!
Oh they are all gorgeous! I love the color contrast between the oranges of your first photo with the purple of the Bougainvillea....
stunning...I've never seen most of those flowers...love that first one, and the last one is really cute :D Beautifully photographed!!
Good colors. I like them :)
Kimberly, what is the purple leafed one?
Beautiful blooms! That first photo is stunning!
The colours are vibrant and the blooms very beautiful.
Very Unique flowers especially the pink ones! What are they?
I really like the colours in the bouganvillea and your little pink flowers look like Euporbia Crown of Thorns - which we can only grow here as a houseplant.
Heisann!
Happy spring to you from me.
Beautiful flowers!
Beautiful Macro shots of radiant flowers.
I also liked your post about Lola a true blue Aussi! We had a yellow crested Cockatoo called Kaneki. I have written about him "under a hotter sun" label "Kaneki". They are fantastic birds. I am glad you have so much fun with yours and he is treated well, not stuck in his cage all the time.
Thank you for all of your kind comments! I'm sorry I neglected to name them. :(
1. Gazania
2. Bougainvillea
3. Salvia
4. Crown of Thorns
A beautiful mix of colors, great photos.
Lovely colors! Do you use any bug sprays to protect them? I found this Safer Brand EndAll spray online and would like to know what you use. This stuff kills a whole bunch of insects. And it can kill them no matter what stage of development they’re in.
Ronald, I try my very best NOT to use pesticides as I'm killing the good with the bad, although I will admit that I've caved on a few occasions when I've had a huge infestation and it seemed life or death. However, most of the time I try active prevention which starts with healthy plants. The healthier and less stressed a plant is, the better able it is to ward off pests itself. I also encourage "good" bugs...the wasps, ladybugs, ants, etc. that chow on the bad ones. Finally, I hand pick critters or spray with a hose on a regular basis to keep critters away. Hope this helps.
Post a Comment