Kimberly, cactus sometimes get top heavy and fall over, especially if they are growing very fast and not getting enough sun. It looks like this one is in a corner, away from sunlight, so it grew too fast and didn't harden off before it got really heavy. Stake it up until it hardens off.
Well, I agree with what Deborah said. You can do two things. You can stake it up, and it may be able to support itself in the future, but it may not. What I would do, is to cut off the leaning limbs off at the bottom, set them in a dry, shady spot for a week to let the ends callus over, then plant them upright in another spot in the garden.
Deborah and Noelle, thank you so much! This makes sense. Although it gets very hot, dry sun in this location, exposure time is probably 5-6 hours. Cacti most likely prefer longer exposure. I'll cut it place in a sunnier location.
Kyna, you silly girl! I love your recommendation!!
LL, you're on board with Kyna! LOVE IT!!! You two made me laugh in the face of cacti sadness. :)
Here's my weird idea... wwouldn't it look cool if it stayed that way, hardened off and then grew upright again from the tips? Just me. I'm sure that no matter what you do it will be fine, since they do look pretty healthy.
hello could you please tell me how high the right cactus is(the standing one ;))? as exactly as possible. i want to make a 3d model from it for a school project. thank you very much
7 comments:
Kimberly, cactus sometimes get top heavy and fall over, especially if they are growing very fast and not getting enough sun. It looks like this one is in a corner, away from sunlight, so it grew too fast and didn't harden off before it got really heavy. Stake it up until it hardens off.
Hi Kimberly,
Well, I agree with what Deborah said. You can do two things. You can stake it up, and it may be able to support itself in the future, but it may not. What I would do, is to cut off the leaning limbs off at the bottom, set them in a dry, shady spot for a week to let the ends callus over, then plant them upright in another spot in the garden.
I hope this helps :-)
Looks like it needs Cactiagra O_O
Kyna's advice is sound:-D
Deborah and Noelle, thank you so much! This makes sense. Although it gets very hot, dry sun in this location, exposure time is probably 5-6 hours. Cacti most likely prefer longer exposure. I'll cut it place in a sunnier location.
Kyna, you silly girl! I love your recommendation!!
LL, you're on board with Kyna! LOVE IT!!! You two made me laugh in the face of cacti sadness. :)
Here's my weird idea... wwouldn't it look cool if it stayed that way, hardened off and then grew upright again from the tips? Just me. I'm sure that no matter what you do it will be fine, since they do look pretty healthy.
hello could you please tell me how high the right cactus is(the standing one ;))? as exactly as possible. i want to make a 3d model from it for a school project. thank you very much
Post a Comment