First, you should know I've been gardening for 20 years, and have been relatively successful, in my opinion. Although not the sharpest tool in the shed, I tend to be resourceful and motivated. I also come from a family of farmers, which is quite helpful at times. My father who has numerous degrees in agriculture and related fields, is also at my disposal. Most of the time, I'm usually pretty pleased with my garden, all things considered.
Secondly, I've been blogging for a short amount of time, although it seems now that I've been doing it forever. It's one of my favorite things to do...post about my garden and read about everyone elses. No one in my immediate physical realm wants to hear about my landscape or the newest specimen I've saved from the deadly garbage truck. No one even wants to go to garden shows with me, except my daughter, although not always willingly. I mean, they smile kindly and act interested for 5-10 minutes, but they're being polite and kind because they care about me. My garden blogging buddies are near and dear to my heart as we share the common interest of nature and landscape. But, even with my small amount of blogging experience, I'm relatively pleased with my blog, its layout, and content.
Now let me get to the point. This afternoon, I was meandering through my favorite blogs and checking out a few new ones. I usually don't have a lot of time, so I need to move quickly. However, today, I was stopped in my tracks, as I have been on many other such occasions. I read a fantastic post and saw the most AMAZING photos of a fellow blogger's garden...Frances at Fairegarden . Have you seen this garden?!?! If not, check it out!!! My jaw hit the floor and I was speechless (this doesn't happen often...the speechless part). I'm hard pressed to find a better descriptive than AMAZING. I don't want to over use the word, but there's not a better one that describes the way I felt! Now, I'm not ashamed of my garden, but I really don't want to be in a contest with Frances, because I'd lose...hands down!
Frances is not the only one that AMAZES me. What about Gloria's garden at A Healthy Gardener ? Or Simply Susan's garden?! What about Noelle's Arizona desert garden or Bernie's Bush Garden ? The Flower Lady has a pretty awesome space, too, as does Meems at Hoe and Shovel . There are just too many to list but I don't want to leave anyone out!! I cannot seem to express the level of appreciation and awe that I have for these gardens. I'm truly inspired!!
Then there's the blogs that are heavenly to visit because the photography is so AMAZING (there's that word again!) that I feel I'm standing in the middle of the very blooms on my computer screen. It seems I can reach out and touch the petals or actually smell the sweet aroma. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should go straight over to Florida Girl's Peace in the Valley blog or Noel's island blog, A Plant Fanatic in Hawaii . How 'bout Lucy's Pictures Just Pictures, Maia's Macro Flower Pictures or Lino's Photography - Nature Of Course blog? Oh boy...here I go again...there's just too many to list, but I don't want to leave anyone out.
I haven't even discussed the AMAZINGLY humorous blogs that leave me in stitches most of the time such as Kyna's Crystal Coast Garden or Liza's Good to Grow silly Friday posts. The Idiot Gardener is good for a chuckle too. I haven't discussed the AMAZING poetic writers either such as Edith Hope or Jodi at Blooming Writer. And the wonderful blogs on the other side of the world or right here in my own Florida backyard. There are others...so many others!!
Please share your favorite blogs...you know...the ones that are completely AMAZING. The ones that inspire you like none other. The blogs that leave you speechless!


21 comments:
Holy crap'n crap you are so right about Frances at Fairegarden! Unbelievable gardens. Definitely added to the must read list. This was a fantastic post and can't say enough about your blog either. Just makes you feel good about the world as you read it and your enthusiasm jumps out at the reader. Keep em coming!
I haven't been to Fairegarden, I'm going to have to go and visit when I get a moment! What a great post. You have couple of blogs on there that I follow, and more that I don't and will have to stop by. Thanks!
OK, well I think it is amazing if I can grow a weed, so you all are off the chart for me! I know exactly how you feel about gardening, except for me it is about books. There are a few people in my real life that care as much about books as I do, but even they get sick of me geeking out over the latest new release. My blogger friends understand. They always do!
Kimberly ~ Fairegarden is indeed beautiful. She has done a wonderful job. I've not visited her blog in awhile, need to get put on her list to keep up with her.
I can't believe you included our humble little place in your post. I do thank you though. This inspires me to keep working on our place.
I've got to check out some of these others that I haven't heard of before. Others I do visit and enjoy and get inspired from.
Have a great week. It's been a gorgeous day here after a couple of days of rain.
Your gardens are lovely and it's always a treat visiting your blog.
FlowerLady
I think I need to spend some time looking at Frances at Fairegarden. Thanks for sharing all your favorite blogs!
Dear Kimberly, This is such a very generous posting and one which not only highlights the huge diversity of the gardening world but also the sense of community that making a weblog brings. But what needs also to be mentioned are your own postings which, in covering a wide range of topics, are always lively and informative and presented in the most professional of ways. They are, dear Kimberly, a great pleasure to read. And that is not all, for you spend large amounts of time visiting the weblogs of others and leaving pertinent and encouraging comments. Although, of course, I do not know you, I believe I know you to be warm hearted, passionate, and fun. What a great combination.
Kimberly, I agree with Edith. While I'm honored and touched to be included with so many fine blogs, yours is one to be quite proud of - you make people smile all the time. And it's no small feat to become a eco-conscious garden (Florida friendly?), so you should be commended for that as well. I very much appreciate your kind words. We should all do well to look up to fairegarden's garden, but yours, too. Also, your photography is wonderful - you've got a great eye. Please keep up the great work, and thank you again!
Liza
p.s. I neglected to thank you a few weeks ago for posting my "tools" post on facebook - I got quite a lot of hits from that, so thank you, thank you, thank you!
Dear Kimberly, you have honored me and my blog with this posting, and for that I am eternally grateful. But as Edith so eloquently stated, it is YOU who grace us with your wonderful words and photos. Gardening is not a contest, or shouldn't be, it is a personal journey, different for each person. I began gardening a very long time ago and still learn new things about that passion every single day. So do you, so do we all. As it should be. :-)
Frances
Hi, Kimberly! Thanks for the shout-out on Peace in the Valley! I know what you mean...nobody I am acquainted with personally is quite as obsessed as I am. And my daughter is not so willing to tag along, especially if a plant nursery is involved. Maybe if I promise not to be long and to take her out to eat. Bribery! Anyway, I agree with all the other commenters above. Gardening is a journey, and some of us intend to just keep plugging along, learning from failures and celebrating successes as we go. The garden blog is just a way of sharing these moments.
Kimberley,
thanks for sharing a list of your favourite blogs, that is the best way to find something new to follow. Personal endorsement. I have most of those on my list already. I always enjoy your posts too, very upbeat and lovely photos.
Kimberly...WOW, what a list of garden blogs. I can already see my "favorites" list growing...when will I ever find the time to keep up with them. No, really...thanks for listing so many great blogs...I can't wait to check them all out. And, thanks for including me among the list. I feel very humbled and happy that you like my garden. For a newbie you are off to a great start, and your blog is one that I look forward to visiting. You are an AWESOME gardener with your 20 years of experience. I wish you were my neighbor, so we could swap plants and talk about gardening. :-)
There are so many wonderful blogs about gardening out there. They are teaching us new things every day or putting a smile on our face with wit and humor of every day events. If only there were more hours in a day then I could read more but time keeps me away from the computer and in the garden…
Kimberly: Thanks for sharing your favorite blog lists! I also have a list, which seems overlap yours quite a bit. I also need to check out those I have not got chance to visit yet. Your blog is also one of my favorites!
She does have a beautiful garden. This is what I love about the whole garden blogging activity--I can surf and visit so many inspiring gardens--and worldwide too. I keep falling in love with blogs all over the place. It's dizzying sometimes, isn't it?
Good work. There's some blogs there I would have never stumbled across (well, not for a while anyhow). Also, I am shocked to see my shabby excuse for a blog getting a mention there. many thanks; I am humbled.
What a kind post, Kimberly! I certainly appreciate your mentioning me, but even more, I'm always delighted when you stop by and leave one of your delightful and entertaining comments. The blogosphere is a great big wonderful world (the garden blogosphere, anyway) and we're all very glad you're in it too!
What a generous post Kimberly, I was speechless a few moment too after I realized what it is about.
Thank you very much for your appreciation and also for taking the time to list all these amazing blogs and mine among them. It is a great honor.
Finding like-minded people is the real magic of blogging but difficult even in blogosphere.
Your blog with your gorgeous macros and garden is definitely one of my favorites and as Susan said before, I regret that we can't chat live about our hobbies.
Have a nice week!
I think I posted about my faves once, but that was awhile ago and I've since found some more. I should post an update :D
Thank you so much for mentioning me as one of your favourites :D You have no idea how happy that makes me. You'd definitely be one of mine!
Btw, Frances' blog IS amazing! :)
There are some wonderful blogs out there. I can spend quite a bit of time each day going from blog to blog. Some that you mentioned are new to me, I'll have to check them out after I browse through yours.
You've highlighted a truly terrific blog ... I visit Frances' blog often myself and am always thoroughly engaged. I also visit your blog often and I would add it to the list of amazing blogs ... I so enjoy all your photos, your stories, the presentation of the blog itself and your beautiful garden.
Thanks for pointing the way to other great blogs ... I'll be checking out the few I haven't already visited.
Thanks also for being so kind as to include my blog on your list ... I was blown away, truly surprised to see it mentioned here. You're so generous in your comments ... and I must reply by saying your garden and blog inspires me as well. It's such a pleasure to be a visitor to your place.
You included some of my own favorite blogs. It is great to have all these gardens at the touch of our mouse pads! And so great to have like-minded gardeners to share our own with.
Post a Comment