The colors and youth of this small white bird of paradise sprout is invigorating!
The deciduous brown turkey fig is returning with the spring warmth.
This is the first bloom my aloe has offered since I planted it 3 years ago!!
The frangipani is comin' on strong! Can't wait for it to bloom!!
Many lost their crotons...not me. They were knocked down but they're pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and making a great comeback!!
This is my Petra Croton. The pretty Mamey are sprouting too!!
My sweet little cactus won't be held down either. He remembers the days he was left for the garbage and I rescued his poor thirsty little soul!!
Not a great photo, but my cherished bananas are only two months away from peaking over the 6' fence to provide me with my precious privacy from the neighbors! I'm hoping the newly planted impatiense will make a pretty ground cover under the canopy of the bananas all summer! They usually can't stand the summer Florida sun.
Yep...the Queen Emmas are proving why they deserve their title!!! One struggling mama is actually in fragrant bloom too!!
A cute little Areca Palm baby peeks out to see if the coast is clear. Come on baby!!!
This little berry looking cluster will explode into a wonderful little powder puff!! This is new to my garden last summer. I'm in awe of this cool shrub!!
Nope...you can't keep the Pentas down!!
Many of the Ti plants looked as if they would bite the dust. But these rosey babes are popping up on dried out stalks everywhere in my landscape!!!
Precious, colorful Moss Rose bud...they are so hardy in my garden!
This lavendar Ruellia bud will turn bright purple!
Gorgeous Ixora...if only this little bouquet were larger...it would be worthy of a bride!!
So the first of April is ushering in my tropical Florida garden!!! I'm rolling out the red carpet!
Happy Spring, and Happy Easter everyone!!
If you're craving more energetic blooms (or buds) be sure to check out Katarina's Blooming Friday (her last - BOO!!!) and Maia's Macro Saturday.
22 comments:
Very encouraging report! : ) Your plumerias are looking good! Can't wait for you to share your blooms! Mine were damaged as I only covered them a couple nights out of the gazillion freezes we had. They completely slipped my mind. I'm still waiting for buds on my crotons.
I found two red amaryllis buds today! Most of my bulbs were burnt almost to the ground, but these are under an overhang. I can't believe they are blooming! I'm so thrilled! Still no sign of the white one in the pot blooming, though.
I have a shoot coming from the bottom of the Jatropha tree as well that I thought was dead. I was hoping the Jatropha bush WAS dead, but no such luck.
AND there is green on the TOP part of my starfruit (carambola), so maybe it's not dead after all!
I wish my Ruellia was starting to bloom, it is just starting to poke it's head out. You have some really amazing and exotic things growing! We should make a list sometime and maybe we can do some swapping through the mail?
It looks like our unusually cold winter will soon be a distant memory in your garden. Happy Easter & Happy Spring!
Congratulations for a awakening garden! I envy your plumerias. The cutting I got my friend seems rooted, but still no leaves coming up yet. Happy spring!
It's so fun to see what you have growing in your garden. Many of these I've never heard of before. I hope you show them when they are in bloom as well.
Hi Kimberley,
Beautiful photos, and I wish that the climate here allowed me to grow some of those fabulous plants,great blog!
Wonderful progress in your garden. So much energy and hope! I had one of those powerpuff plants as well, but mine isn't showing any sign of life at all. I'm probably going to pull it out of the ground this weekend :-(
It's great to see all those little buds, so full of promise! i look forward to seeing your garden in a couple of months. I am sure it will be lush as a tropical dream!
Dear Kimberly, Your garden is FULL of such amazing treasures most of which, I must confess, are quite unknown to me. But how exotic it must appear as the season develops.
In the meantime, I do wish you a very happy and peaceful Easter with, I trust, plenty of good weather to be out and about enjoying your garden. Forget those weeds for once!
Buds everywhere ... so good to see all these plants springing back to life. Your garden will be looking quite the picture very soon.
That is a lot of new and lush looking growth. I can't wait to see everything progress! I don't think I've ever seen an aloe blooming before, so thank you for sharing it's picture!
I am not used to seeing buds coming from all corners of the garden, as if in chorus. Ours is very much buds of a particular plant, never together. beautiful sight and definitely beautiful feeling!! ~bangchik
Lots of hope in your garden. I'm glad your plumeria is coming back. Mine turned to mush all the way to the soil line. I don't plan to replace it - I'll just enjoy yours!
wow nearly everything you listed is classed as a houseplant here! we could never grow those beauties outside. One cold draught in the house and our crotons decide to shed their leaves. Have a lovely Easter weekend Kimberly.
hey buddy, i love your buds and the title that is...how exciting is this so much stuff going on in your neck of the woods...i know this is weird but sometimes i wish i had winter here so i can relive exactly these kind of moments when spring is really special!
It is a great pleasure to inspect new life in the garden. You have a great variety of flowers, some new to me and others know but I can't have them.
I can't wait to see the white bird of paradise and the aloe blossoms.
Plants are amazing with their will to survive and regenerate. Your plants look full of new life and hope. One of my hard learned rules for South Florida gardening is- If it looks entirely dead wait 30 days before it goes in the compost bin. Neat post!
Oh goodness me! Imagine what your garden will look like in a few weeks when they have all bloomed! I can imagine how excited you must be for your Aloe to bloom for the first time :-)
It's such a joy watching the sprouting of new growth. - Happy Easter!
Woooow! Everything's waking up from the slumber. I love watching the sprouts in plants and of course watching your seeds sprout is the best moment!
I had all those same buds. It is sooo exciting to see things emerging after that weird winter we had.
Post a Comment